Thursday, November 15, 2012

Abuse

There Is Always A Way Out, So GET OUT
     Although I have never experienced abuse myself, I know many people that have. Abuse comes in many forms: physical, verbal, and emotional. Abuse occurs far too often in the world; however, many people are not aware of that. The statistics are shocking. 1 in 3 teens admit that they have experienced abuse at least once in their lifetime. Think about that: In high school, there are usually about 30 kids in each class period. That means at least 10 kids in the room could have experienced abuse before. If you think about it even further, it seems like a pretty realistic number. Remember, abuse can come from anyone- parents, significant others, family members, family friends, friends, enemies, and the list is endless. Another shocking statistic that may hit home to some of you is that 80% of teen girls who are in abusive relationships continuously go back to that boyfriend over and over again. That is so scary. Ladies and Gentlemen, we need to start to put an end to abuse and domestic violence NOW. Abuse is not something many people talk about in schools or in public at all. Thank God I have never experienced it myself, but I feel that because I am able to discuss it with out being compelled not to because of an experience, it is my duty and my mission to spread the word about this awful crime. Abuse is NEVER okay, so if you experience it, don't let yourself make excuses for whoever your abuser may be. You have to be logical and know what is best for yourself. Tell someone. Get help. No matter how severe or how extreme the abusive situation is, there is always a way out. I will continue to get facts on abuse so that I can continue my mission to help out teens who are close to the edge. I can't sit here and do nothing knowing that there are people that could possibly be close to me experiencing this terrible type of hatred. Stand up for those who aren't strong enough to stand on their own, and help them realize that they can will be one day. 


Thanks for reading, and please share this crucial message with your friends and family,

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment