Monday, November 7, 2011

Just A Thought About Life

From The One and Only: Drizzy Drake

     This quote from Drake is the perfect example of the fact that not all rappers are airheads and only care about half-dressed girls in music videos. This is the reason I look up to Drake so much. He is real, he is authentic, he puts a meaning to his life. I hope you read this quote that he just posted on his website, and I hope you take time to sit down and really think about it.

“I’m really scared for my generation, you know. The thing that scares me most is Tumblr. I hate what Tumblr has become. Because it like, it reminds me of those clique-y girls in high school that used to make fun of everyone else and define what was cool, but in five years, when you all graduate, that shit doesn’t matter. No one gives a fuck about that shit. Instead of kids going out and making their own moments, they’re just taking these images and living vicariously through other people’s moments. It just kills me. Then you’ll meet them and they’re just the biggest turkey in the world. They don’t actually embody any of those things. They just emulate. It’s scary man, simulation life that we’re living. It scares me.”
-Drake


Please try to learn from this. Think about how you want to represent yourself, and live up to your vision. Allow others to be themselves, too. There is not one definition of 'cool'. We are all human- life is all about empowering each other to be the best that we can be, and encouraging each other to be ourselves, 100%.

-B

P.S. Don't forget to pick up "Take Care" in stores November 15th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment