Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 25th, 2013

18.
     The past 18 years of my life have taught me so much more than I ever could have imagined. Ever since I was little, I could not wait to be 18. I wasn't sure why, I guess I just thought it would be cool. However, now that I am older, I am able to look at my 18th birthday as a symbol of growth, a mark of success, and a time in which it is appropriate to look back on life and reflect. Every year of my life has taught me certain lessons, and usually each year teaches me something different about each lesson I learn. My 18th birthday is no exception. Even since my 17th birthday, I have grown so much. I am such a different person than I thought I would be right now, and for that I am so thankful. I owe it to the people that have been a part of my life during the past 18 years. You guys are EVERYTHING to me! If it weren't for others, I would have nothing. I dedicate my life to making others feel good, because that is what makes me feel good. Nothing means more to me in this world than love, and being able to share that with incredible people is such an honor and it gives me insane amounts of indescribable feelings... I have realized that life is truly beautiful. Life is such an amazing gift and I am so blessed to be the person that I am. 
18 means I am no longer a child. 18 means a new beginning (yet a continuation). 18 means empowerment. 18 means encouragement. 18 means love. 18 means happiness. 18 means hope. 18 means inspiration. 18 means art. 18 means fashion. 18 means compassion. 18 means passion. 18 means support. 18 means letting loose. 18 means remaining under control. 18 means taking control. 18 means fearlessness. 18 means I get to really learn who I am and who I want to be now. 18 means it's never too late to get right...
Thank you so much to everyone who has made an impact on my life during the past 18 years. You all mean the world to me! I could not ask for a better feeling than what I feel in this moment.


-B

1 comment:

  1. The past 18 years have been the best years of my life because YOU are my son. I am so proud of you and forever grateful that God chose me to be your Mom. I hope you had a wonderful bday! I love you B!

    ReplyDelete