Monday, February 18, 2013

Who are you?

How to find the answer, and why it is important...

     Through out life, your main goal (whether you realize it or not) is to find out who you are. You are constantly searching for validation, for success, for that final reward/award to feel good about the person you are. What does it mean to know who you are though? Well, when you know, you know. Honestly, I am 18 years old, and like most other teens, I am still figuring out who I am. Sometimes I feel like I know who I am, and other times I feel lost. With that being said, I have come to the conclusion that I do not completely know who I am yet- and that's okay. There is no set time on when you are supposed to be content with everything about yourself. Some adults are still searching for validity- that's okay too. But, maybe the reason some people may have a difficult time finding themselves is that they are searching in the wrong places. What is the best way to search for who you really are? Only YOU can answer that. What were you put on this earth to do? What is your calling? What do you believe in? What will you stand for? What will you fight for? What is it that makes your soul tick? Take some time out every once in a while and get away from all of the noise. Listen to yourself and what your heart is telling you about life. Spending time with your own mind and heart can be an amazing thing, and it can only make you stronger. Don't cut people out, but if you want to find out who you are and what you stand for, channel your inner energy and pay attention to what your soul is telling you. Like I always say, this is it people- life. No second chances, this is it. Once you have even the tiniest idea of who you are, you are on the right track. Just remember, don't rush to find out who you are- it is your experiences that create that end result, embrace the adventure.


-B

No comments:

Post a Comment