Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011, It Has Been Great!

Happy New Year! What are your resolutions?

     Ah, another year has gone by far too quick, and as we approach 2012, I have been thinking a lot to myself about why New Year's Eve and Day are so important to people. After all, it's just another day isn't it? Well, yes, but symbolically, no. A new year represents a fresh start for most people. Everyone makes resolutions and plans on bettering their selves. So, what are your resolutions for 2012?
Mine are as follows:
  • To not over-think. This has been a problem for me over the past year. I always think way too much about every situation I get myself into. Over-thinking does nothing good for me. It just makes me jump to negative conclusions and worry far too much about what ever is going on.
  • To focus on the right people. I need to stop trying to be friends with people that only want to use me or who don't really care about me. I need to concentrate on the people in my life who I know for a fact care about me and my life.
  • To stop wasting my money. I need learn how to conserve my money and not blow it all off on Starbucks and food!
  • To pay attention and carry out ideas I get from my inspirations. I want to not only allow things and people to inspire me, but I want to actually create from what inspires me. If you want to know what that means, you will have to wait and see! ;-)
  • My final resolution is to not be so hard on myself. When I say I am my biggest critic, I mean it. I concentrate way to much on my flaws and how wrongly I approach situations, but in 2012, I am going to try and realize that I am a good person, and not everything is my fault all the time.
     2011 was a great year for me. I have grown so much as a person and have been incredibly blessed to experience so much. I went into the year saying I was going to do everything over the top, and I think I have lived up to that for the most part. All I can say about 2012 is that I can feel I am going to experience even more and grow even more than I ever thought I would as a person. I have so many exciting things planned or 2012 and I can't even wait to share it with you all!
     So, tomorrow is January 1st, 2012- it's just another day isn't it? Well, yes, but symbolically, no.


-B

No comments:

Post a Comment