Sunday, December 4, 2011

Marry The Night

The Latest Video from Lady Gaga, With a Story, Of Course

     I'm sure it isn't a secret to you that I have a passion for artistically creative people that do everything with a meaning, and I'm sure it isn't a secret that I find Lady Gaga to be one of those people.
     A couple days ago, she released a 13 minute and 51 second long music video (her longest one yet) for her latest single titled "Marry The Night". The song itself is a tribute to New York City, where Gaga grew up, and pretty much encountered every significant event that occurred in her life, so it is only fitting to make the video a metaphor for just that.
     The music video is about her journey to becoming successful. It shows the highs and lows of the road to fame, metaphorically of course. Some may not understand this video, but you just have to pay attention and take into account Lady Gaga's story (which includes being dropped by a record label and feeling like her career was going to end up going nowhere). The lesson of this video is to not give up on your dreams, because if you do, then your dream will never see the light of day. Marry the obstacles and challenges you face to get where you want to be. Marry the tough times. Marry the night.

     At the beginning of the video, Lady Gaga narrates:
"When I look back on my life, it’s not that I don’t want to see things exactly as they happened, it’s just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way.
And truthfully, the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it.
Clinical psychology tells us, arguably, that trauma is the ultimate killer.
Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics; they can be lost forever. It’s sort of like my past is an unfinished painting and as the artist of that painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again.
It’s not that I’ve been dishonest, it’s just that I loathe reality."
 
I hope you enjoyed the video and took something interesting from it!
-B
 

No comments:

Post a Comment