Monday, March 26, 2012

Relationship Talk: Down On Your Luck

An Inspiring Story from My Friend for All of You Single People Out There 
     Today we had to take a state test at school, and since it was a practice test that didn't really count for anything, everyone finished early and we had a lot of extra free time afterwards. I am lucky enough to have one of my good friends in my testing class, and I am even more lucky to be able to sit right by her! So after the test was over, we just sat there and talked about (what else?), relationships. We don't really have tons of time to talk to each other on a normal schedule, so I told her to basically spill out her whole story to me, and she did. I want to share her story with all of you because I find it very inspiring, especially if you are single. 
     She started out by telling me that her she never had good luck in relationships through out her life, but finally had her first somewhat serious relationship during her Freshman year. While she was talking about this guy though, she made it very clear that it was not a serious relationship at all, despite what she may have felt in the moment. The relationship between her and this guy was one of those on-and-off-again relationships that go on for months and months and months. It got to the point where he didn't even want to be her boyfriend but he wanted to still "claim" her, meanwhile he was messing around with other girls! My friend told me that during those months that she was with this guy, she was not happy at all. She told me she would always be crying and just always so upset over the situation she had been placed in. I felt so bad for her because she is such a good girl and I hate to hear that one of my friends had once experienced a time where she was truly unhappy. 
     Finally, she told me that after months and months of relationship-hell, she came to her senses and tried to forget about this guy. He had hurt her way too many times. She told me that after him, she had a little fling with another guy, but it never really turned into anything so it's like it "doesn't count" as far as being defined as a past relationship. By this point in the story, my friend was a Sophomore and she was pretty down on her luck. She didn't really know what to do and all she could think about was her past experiences. However, there was something small that had stayed in the back of her mind since Freshman year. She always had a small crush on this one guy who was a grade older than her but was constantly being discouraged by people she thought were her friends. She was told "He's never going to like you!" and "Stop crushing on him because you are never going to be able to get with him!" Oh, how they were wrong...
     During her Sophomore year, the guy she had a small crush on decided to approach her and she was completely shocked. She told me that it totally came out of nowhere, and that she didn't even know if it was going to go anywhere as far as becoming one of those long-term relationships. Well, the two ended up dating for a few months and there was a little drama here and there with people trying to get in between them and stuff but they stayed together. She explained to me that they didn't fight too often, but when they did, it was never to the point where they wanted to call it quits. My friend told me that she never got annoyed by her boyfriend and she had always thought he was so much more attractive than any guy she had ever seen. Next month, they will have been together for one year.
     When her story came to an end, I became so happy for my friend. It's a great story: she was so down on her luck and not having the best experiences with relationships at all, until one day she was surprised and it ended up working incredibly well. So what was her secret? Patience. She said, "When you're not expecting it at all, it will come to you". 
     Let this be an inspiration to all of you single people reading this! Don't give up! Just because you have had bad luck with boyfriends or girlfriends in the past doesn't mean you always will. Enjoy life, and when the time is right, your perfect person will come along!
I hope this story inspired you!

-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment