Friday, December 31, 2010

My "Official" List of Songs of the Decade (2001-2010)

As we all know, the end of a decade is coming up. There has been so many songs in the past 10 years that bring up lots of memories. I've picked out some of the best, in my opinion, and I hope when you read this you will be reminded of great memories YOU had in the past ten years.

Let's start off with the year 2001:
Best songs:
 -"Survivor" by Destiny's Child
 -"U Remind Me" by Usher
 -"I'm Real" by Jennifer Lopez
 -"No More" by 3LW
 -"Doesn't Really Matter" by Janet Jackson
 -"Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige
 -"Ride Wit Me" by Nelly
 -"It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy... How could I do this blog and not mention this song? It's one of my favorite songs of my whole life! LOL
I think a couple songs from this year definitely deserve videos:

"Rock The Boat" by Aaliyah
We miss you girl...

"You Rock My World" by Michael Jackson
We miss you too MJ, a true legend...

Now to 2002
Best songs:
 -"Lady Marmalade" by Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink
 -"Baby" and "Foolish" by Ashanti
 -"What's Luv?" by Fat Joe and once again, Ashanti
 -"Cleanin' Out My Closet" by Eminem... I used to be scared to watch this video!
 -"U Got It Bad" by Usher
 -"Escape" by Enrique Iglesias
My Official song of that year deserves a video...

"Hot In Herre" by Nelly
Now I KNOW you all remember this one!

2003
Best songs:
 -"My Love Is Like... Wo!" by Mya
 -"Rain On Me" by Ashanti
 -"You Don't Know My Name" by Alicia Keys
 -"Suga Suga" by Baby Bash
 -"Miss You" by Aaliyah
 -"Ignition Remix" by R. Kelly
Videos for my favorite songs of this year please?...

"Crazy In Love" by Beyonce featuring Jay-Z
The song that made her famous!

"Hey Ya!" by Outkast
The other song of the year!

2004
Here's where the lists are going to start getting long, I couldn't narrow it down!
Best songs:
 -"This Love" by Maroon 5
 -"My Boo" by Usher and Alicia Keys
 -"Pieces Of Me" by Ashlee Simpson
 -"Dip It Low" by Christina Milian
 -"Me, Myself and I" by Beyonce
 -"Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child
 -"Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas
 -"Confessions Part 2" by Usher
 -"Milkshake" by Kelis
 -"Sunshine" by Lil Flip
 -"Everytime" by Britney Spears
 -"Heaven" by Los Lonely Boys
 -"Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard
 -"American Idiot" by Greenday
 -"100 Years" by Five For Fighting
 -"If I Aint Got You" by Alicia Keys
 -"Burn" by Usher
 -"With You" by Jessica Simpson
 -"Slow Jamz" by Twista, Kanye West and Jamie Foxx
 -"Locked Up" by Akon
 -"Roses" by Outkast... I LOVE this song! It almost made the cut for a video...

"Yeah" by Usher
This song and this CD (Confessions) are Usher's best works ever!

"Goodies" by Ciara
The song that really got her noticed!

"Drop It Like It's Hot" by Snoop Dogg
I remember jammin' to this song with my older cousin and my little brothers during the summer of that year!

2005, My favorite year of music so far.
This year in music is special to me. I had always been so interested in music but at this point (I was only in 5th grade), I started to become obsessed with it. I remember I used to be constantly watching MTV and looking up music videos and buying ringtones and making up dances. I feel so happy when I think about these times, and of course the list for this year is going to be extra long.
Best songs:
 -"Run It" by Chris Brown
 -"Karma" and "Unbreakable" by Alicia Keys
 -"Let Me Love You" by Mario
 -"Obsession" by Frankie J and Baby Bash
 -"Soldier" "Cater 2 U" and "Girl" by Destiny's Child
 -"Sugar, We're Goin Down" and "Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy
 -"Dirty Little Secret" by All American Rejects
 -"Go" and "Testify" by Common
 -"These Words" and "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
 -"Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Greenday
 -"Don't Cha" "Stickwitu" and my favorite "Beep" by the Pussycat Dolls
 -"O" by Omarion
 -"Touch The Sky" by Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco and "Heard 'Em Say" by Kanye and Adam Levine
 -"Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson
 -"Caught Up" by Usher
 -"One, Two Step" and "Lose Control" both by Ciara and Missy Elliot
 -"Oh" by Ciara and Ludacris
 -"Boyfriend" by Ashlee Simpson
 -"Hung Up" by Madonna
 -"When I'm Gone" by Eminem
 -"Don't Phunk With My Heart" by Black Eyed Peas
 -"Soul Survivor" by Akon
 -"Pimpin' All Over The World" by Ludacris
 -"We Be Burnin" by Sean Paul
 -"Grind With Me" and "Your Body" by Pretty Ricky
 -"Only U" by Ashanti
 -"If It's Lovin' That You Want" and "Unfaithful" by Rihanna
 -"Don't Bother" by Shakira and "La Tortura" by Shakira featuring Alejandro Sanz
 -"Check On It" by Beyonce featuring Slim Thug
 -"Like You" by Bow Wow and Ciara
 -"Grillz" by Nelly featuring Paul Wall
 -"I'm Sprung" and "I'm In Love With A Stripper" by T-Pain
 -"1 Thing" by Amerie
 -"Sittin' Sidewayz" by Paul Wall
 -"Stay Fly" by Three 6 Mafia
 -"Back Then" by Mike Jones
 -"Laffy Taffy" by D4L
 -"Luxurious" and "Cool" by Gwen Stefani
 -"U Don't Know Me" by T.I.
 -"Disco Inferno" "Hate It Or Love It" "Just A Lil Bit" and "Outta Control" by 50 Cent... That was a good year for him!
 -"It's Like That" "We Belong Together" "Shake It Off" and "Don't Forget About Us" by Mariah Carey... That was my favorite CD!
And now for my videos...

 "Gold Digger" by Kanye West and Jamie Foxx
This was a song that almost everybody knew the words to!

"My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas
A song I will never forget!

"Candy Shop" by 50 Cent and Olivia
I miss this song so much!! Too many hilarious memories...

"Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani
Runner up for my Official song of 2005

"Get Right" by Jennifer Lopez
My Official song of 2005, this might even be my favorite song ever!
2006
Best songs:
 -"Why You Wanna" by T.I.
 -"Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado
 -"Ridin'" by Chamillionaire
 -"My Love" by Justin Timberlake
 -"London Bridge" by Fergie
 -"Public Affair" by Jessica Simpson
 -"Stupid Girls" by Pink
 -"Get Up" by Ciara and Chamillionaire
 -"One Wish" by Ray J
 -"So Sick" by Ne-Yo
 -"Show Stopper" by Danity Kane
 -"I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco
 -"Move Along" by All American Rejects
 -"Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige
 -"Me & U" by Cassie
 -"Buttons" by Pussycat Dolls
 -"SOS" by Rihanna
 -"Deja Vu" and "Ring The Alarm" by Beyonce
 -"Lean Wit It Rock Wit It" by Dem Frachize Boyz
 -"It's Goin Down" by Yung Joc
 -"Smack That" by Akon
 -"Ms. New Booty" by Bubba Sparxxx... Hahaha!
 -"Unpredictable" by Jamie Foxx
Videos...

"Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira
It's true...

"Temperature" by Sean Paul
I used to listen to this song every day!

2007
Best songs:
 -"Irreplaceable" by Beyonce
 -"Stronger" by Kanye West
 -"Fergalicious" by Fergie
 -"This Is Why I'm Hot" by Mims
 -"Smack That" by Akon
 -"Money Maker" by Ludacris
 -"Kiss Kiss" by Chris Brown
 -"Shutup and Drive" by Rihanna
 -"Cyclone" by Baby Bash
 -"No One" by Alicia Keys
 -"Bed" by J. Holiday
 -"Promise" and "Like A Boy" by Ciara
 -"Apologize" by One Republic
 -"Ice Box" by Omarion
 -"Bartender" by T-Pain
 -"Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston
 -"The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani
 -"Good Life" by Kanye West
 -"Lost Without U" by Robin Thicke
Now this video of the year is really special to me because in 2007 I took a trip to New York City. On one of the days I was there, I stood outside of the MTV show TRL where they did the daily top countdown and this song was Number 1 that day and will always remind me of my first trip to the best city in the world...

"Umbrella" by Rihanna


2008
 -"What You Got" by Colby O'Donis
 -"Love In This Club" by Usher
 -"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
 -"Whatever You Like" by T.I.
 -"Love Lockdown" and "Heartless" by Kanye West
 -"No Air" by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown
 -"Can't Believe It" by T-Pain and Lil Wayne
 -"Rehab" by Rihanna
 -"Mad" by Ne-Yo
 -"Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects
 -"Sugar" by Flo Rida
 -"Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry
 -"Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis
 -"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry
 -"Greenlight" by John Legend
 -"Lollipop" by Lil Wayne
Everybody knows the video of the year 2008, sure there was a lot of controversy over this video, but but it is one of the best videos of our whole generation.

"Single Ladies" by Beyonce

2009
Best songs:
 -"Boom Boom Pow" and "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas
 -"Day 'N' Nite" by Kid Cudi
 -"Just Dance" "Paparazzi" and "Lovegame" by Lady Gaga
 -"Birthday Sex" by Jeremih
 -"If U Seek Amy" by Britney Spears
 -"Obsessed" by Mariah Carey
 -"Dead and Gone" by T.I. and Justin Timberlake
 -"Don't Trust Me" by 3Oh!3
 -"Waking Up In Vegas" by Katy Perry
 -"Paranoid" by Kanye West
 -"I'm In Miami B****" by LMFAO
 -"Get Freaky" by Pitbull
 -"Halo" by Beyonce
 -"She Wolf" by Shakira
 -"Rockin' That Thang" by The Dream
 -"Blame It" by Jamie Foxx
 -"Sweet Dreams" by Beyonce
Videos...

"Best I Ever Had" by Drake
The single that really got people to pay attention to him.

"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga

And finally, we get to 2010.
Best songs:
 -"Aston Martin Music" by Rick Ross, Drake, and Chrisette Michelle
 -"Like A G6" by Far East Movement
 -"We R Who We R" by Kesha
 -"Time Of My Life" by Black Eyed Peas
 -"Stereo Love" by Edward Maya
 -"California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry
 -"Just A Dream" by Nelly
 -"I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias
 -"Your Love" "Right Through Me" and "Check It Out" by Nicki Minaj
 -"Bad Romance" "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga and "Telephone" by Gaga and Beyonce
 -"Raise Your Glass" by Pink
 -"Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith
 -"Black and Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa
 -"Pretty Girl Rock" by Keri Hilson
 -"Only Girl" by Rihanna and "What's My Name?" featuring Drake
 -"Power" by Kanye West
 -"Cooler Than Me" and "Please Don't Go" by Mike Posner
 -"Unthinkable" by Alicia Keys
 -"Bulletproof" by LaRoux
 -"OMG" by Usher and Will.i.Am
 -"Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
Now for my Official videos of 2010

"Bottoms Up" by Trey Songz and Nicki Minaj
An awesome song to just have fun to and sing to, especially if you know Nicki Minaj's part!

"Find Your Love" by Drake
Everytime I hear this song I think of the summer of 2010

My Official, Official, Official song and video of 2010 is "Firework" by Katy Perry. This song teaches everyone to love who they are and be confident and know that we are all as special as Fireworks. The video as well as the song gives off a great message, hope you enjoy!
"Firework" by Katy Perry

Well there you have it, my extremely large, maybe too big list of the top songs of the decade. These songs will always be remembered by me and hopefully you all too. I have enjoyed doing research and looking back at the past ten years in music. Every song holds a special meaning and memory for me.
Thank you so much for reading this blog it truly means a lot to me. This is probably the biggest blog I have worked on so far. I want to thank you especially if you have read this entire thing because I know it was really long LOL.
I thought about doing another blog about my year 2010 overall but I'm not sure if I will have time. So if I don't get around to it, let me just tell you that one of the main accomplishments I made in 2010 has to be this website. I have really enjoyed sharing some of my most inner thoughts with everybody as well as sharing just fun ones! Know that I take this website very seriously and everything I say on here really comes from my heart. I appreciate everyone who supports me and this site and I am so thankful that I have the ability to reach out to people like this... I hope to take it to the next level in 2011 and accomplish so much more than I ever even imagined. As always, thank you.

Stay fly in 2011, see you then! :)

-B


No comments:

Post a Comment